Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Traveling with others

How many of us like to travel with other people? If you've said "I do", you're a liar. No one really likes to travel with another person. It's a big inconvenience to the way we want things done. And I'm no different. In fact I'm probably the worst about it. I want things done my way or the highway. I want to leave at a certain time, arrive at a certain time, and then it be over. Don't throw other things as obstacles in the way. Is that reality? No, it's not, but it's my little world that I live in.
As most of you know I've been driving back and forth for over a month on assignment with the new company until I'm officially on the payroll and have a house here. Well, I was in a hotel for the first so many weeks and enjoying the single life, haha. Now we're in apartments (two to an apartment). And since I'm driving a rental car on the company dime, everyone wants to ride together. And if you don't remember me saying so the other day, a 2009 Dodge Quad Cab Ram. Oooh lala. Anyway, I need to get to the plant early before 3rd shift goes home. So we had agreed that we would leave the apartments at 6:30am. This morning one of three was still in the shower. I said sorry, he'll have to drive his own truck. I gotta go. Then there was the decision on what to do after work tonight. Normally we would go out to dinner or actually cook in house. Last night one of the guys grilled burgers on a flat top with chips, salad, and corn on the side. Fancy, not me, but fancy. I ate well. Tonight however, one guy is playing golf after work, the other guy wants to go workout, and I need a haircut. So, we're splitting up. One person asked when are we meeting for supper? I said we're not. I'm going to get a haircut after work and then eating whatever I see that I like. I'm not waiting around for golf or workout to be over. Then I'm going to sit around my apartment in shorts until bedtime. Hmmm? I know, I'm drama.
I'll be so glad when we get moved to our new rental house so that I can just go home and do nothing. Or whatever Jennifer tells me to. What a great wife! She normally has something cooked for supper and the mail/paper sitting in my chair. Can't get much better than that. Well you could, but Jennifer says for it to stay in my fantasy world and not ever request it, HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment