Monday, June 22, 2009

New Home




Ok, here we go. The rental house owner called me today and asked to meet me out at the house. So, after a 9 hour work day (I know boohoo) I went out there in the 100 degree heat. I now know why this guy was so particular about it before. This guy is a design engineer. A very smart, particular, and somewhat anal retentive man. He showed me every square inch of the property and house. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, full basement, one car garage, all electric plus wood furnace. It's on 1 acre surrounded by 15 acre family farm. I don't get to farm it. The owner and his brother in law farm it with cattle. Just a few miles north of Farmington but in St. Genevieve county. We're hoping to move in there by July 1st or somewhere around it. Otherwise, I'll have to live in a hotel unless the company decides to love me a little longer on their dime. Anyway, what a day.
The movers are meeting with Jennifer on Wednesday to decide what all they'll need to move the Clampetts to Farmington. Hopefully they'll be able to do it in one or two days. Then we're going to leave the BG house behind to sell or let homeless live there, lol. We don't care anymore. It's time to move on. The boys are excited to move. They've never been to Missouri and are treating it like a brand new adventure. So, hopefully so. And yes, the dog is coming too. Whether I want it to or not. Oh well.
And I'm stuck in Farmington for at least 3 years due to the relocation package. So, please for the love of Pete, keep buying cars. I need this plant to stay open for at least 3 years. After that, have at whatever you want to do. I can move without having to pay anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment